**This product was provided by the manufacturer, in exchange for a full and honest review**
Hi everyone - happy Friday! Today I have something that is not polish related - hope that's okay! I was lucky enough to be chosen by Julep to review one of their new skincare products, and I wanted to share my thoughts with you. :)
Here's a look at my sample in its packaging!
It's called Bare Face Cleansing Oil. I have to admit, I was a little skeptical. My skin is kind of a jerk, it's oily, dry, and very sensitive at the same time, so I wasn't sure how this would work for me. Here's a look at the bottle. There's enough for plenty of uses in here, since you only need a little bit each time.
Here's where I got more skeptical. The product description says that this product works great for all skin types. My thought process: how is OIL going to help with my OILY skin!? No way. And without irritation?? Doubtful. My skin can get irritated if you look at it the wrong way. I did like that Julep listed all the key ingredients.
Now, if you're waiting for face/skin pictures, I'm sorry to disappoint you. When I wash my face, I have zero makeup on obviously, and I don't want to lose readers by showing you exactly what that looks like. But I do want to share my thoughts with you.
- Using this product is kind of weird at first. It felt really strange to put oil on my skin completely dry. I'm so used to splashing my face with water before washing it, it just felt wrong. But, being oil, it went on smoothly and rubbed in quite well.
- After I massaged the oil in, I got right in the shower and washed it off; no problems to report there. It rinsed perfectly clean like any facial cleanser.
- Now for afterwards. Normally right after I get my shower, I put on my facial moisturizer. This time, I didn't feel the need to do that! I didn't see any of the normal dry patches that I normally see after washing my face. My face felt moisturized, but not too oily. In fact, I couldn't feel a trace of the oil left at all. This lasted my entire work day (8 hours). I never needed to reach for my moisturizer OR an oil blotting pad.
- The scent is lovely, very light and airy, perfect for summer.
- Overall, my verdict? I definitely recommend this product for any skin type! Trust me, if it didn't irritate MY skin or leave it oily, it will work for anyone's skin! (Unless you have an allergy to one of those ingredients, then by all means, skip it)! I was very pleasantly surprised.
What do you think? Would you try it? Because my skin is so difficult, I don't know if I would have tried it otherwise, but I'm so glad I did! This could really be a great solution for problem skin.
What kinds of skincare struggles have you had before? I'd love to hear below!
These products were provided to me in exchange for my honest review and opinion. I am not being compensated for this post. Please see my Disclosure Statement for more information.